Monday, November 17, 2008

Slacking

Ok I admit it, I've been lazy. Mostly in regards to this blog, although my workouts have stayed firmly at two a week.

One of the big problems I'm running into right now is the depression that comes from a lack of sunshine. Since the days are getting shorter, the time that I actually see daylight has become practically non existent. I'm thinking about buying myself a full spectrum light bulb to try to help combat the overall fatigue and depression that's been creeping in around the edges.

In general I'm stuck, unwittingly, in 'maintenance', since I haven't been able to make it to the gym more than twice a week, weight loss is, for all practicality , out of reach right now. I could cut back on my calories, which I plan on doing, but the effort involved in calorie counting and meal planing is beyond me most days right now.

To be honest, I've thought lately a lot about giving up on a bunch of the projects I have going. I want to devote more time into growing this blog, and to creating more informative, well written posts. I want to devote more of my time to eating healthy and working out, and I fully intend to do these things as soon as I can get my schedule more towards something human and sane.

I'm not giving up or quitting or anything like that. I'm just tired and a tad depressed. I'm going to continue posting and keep this blog as active and helpful as I can. One of the things I'd like to start including is something that a lot of the other blogs I find helpful do. Posting healthy recipes and time saving cooking tips. I think I'll make that a weekly thing. We'll see.

How do you all deal with the seasonal changes?
-Meg

No comments:

Tracking Transformation: Where I stand now